jueves, 26 de febrero de 2009

Not Good Enough

To Dad,
I will never be as good
As you want me to
I will never become
The lady you
Thought I’d be

Perfection is not
On my side of the road
Though I always try my best
To make you proud
To make you smile
Today, I seem to fail

Dady, please forgive me
For the wrong I make
I did not want to become
A burden more on your back
I’ve failed to make you proud

One more chance, I ask
It cannot be so late
To mend my faults
Dady, please come back!
I need to hold you high!

Dady, please, don’t say
I’m doing everything wrong
Strength is flying away from me
And leaving me helpless and alone
I cannot withstand your words
My heart feels them like swords

Hold me again as if I were
A baby reaching out for your arms
Sorrow’s got the power and rules over me
Please, dady, caress my hair
and take this pain away!
I will make you proud this time


2 comentarios:

  1. Most successful people are brought up by tough individuals... who chose to be a good parent rather than being a good friend to their kids... can't say which is better :s

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Siempre pasa que no somos lo nuestros padres quieren, porque cada uno nos vamos formando como una persona en particular según cómo sean la circunstancias, no obstante, aunque no seamos como ellos quisieran, siempre se llevan una sorpresa, un orgullo, por eso no te lamentes de no ser como tu papá quisiera, vos sos una muy buena persona, inteligente, etc, tu viejo de alguna u otra manera tu viejo está orgulloso de vos, no hay por dónde errarle jaja. Un beso enorme.

    ResponderEliminar